Re: panic! panic! panic! sigh.. panic!

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 02:25:04AM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> (..)
> When I see that kind of stuff happening, I check the memory and so far
> it's always been because of a faulty stick.

Uh yeah. I'll see if/how I can check this. What bugs me is that Windows
runs fine, even when hammered, on this machine. It crashed once before I
had the new stick put in, so it's either the old stick or something different
I think?

> (...)
> You really don't want the kernel to use any FP instruction.  You
> shouldn't have the sse flags on.

In hindsight I guessed so that's why I explicitely included the info.
Will revert back to makeoptions of GENERIC and try again.

> By the way, it seems to me your nickname just fits you.  Reckless to the
> point of crashing and burning :-)

That's why I have this nickname :-) And why I keep asking on the lists before
PR'ing because my first suspect is, I've been doing something dumb again.

See also my other reply, to Greg.

Regards,

-Martin