Re: Lock up's on USB transfer

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008, Swift Griggs wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Marko Schütz wrote:
On both I use (different) USB hard disks to which I regularly backup using rsync.

FWIW, ext2/ffs/ntfs(ro) all work perfectly on USB in my experience. It's only FAT devices that act up.

There was an msdosfs bug that was fixed shortly after wapbl was merged, that could cause what you were seeing. I haven't seen the issue since.

Cheers,
Jared