Re: isp driver on amd64?

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:29:54AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> The first error you saw:
>
> isp0: bad underrun for 0.0 (count 32768 resid 2147473407, status not marked)
> isp0: BOTCHED cmd for 0.0.0 cmd datalen 32768
> sd0(isp0:0:0:0): generic HBA error
>
> That's /usually/ a botched target problem. They aren't correctly marking
> a residual in the FCP response frame.
> If you're absolutely sure the target is good, you can comment out the
> check in isp_intr.

I'm not certain I trust the target.  It is somewhat old and was bought
from the lowest bidder.  On the other hand, I was using this target with
a QLA21xx and NetBSD/i386 (1.6 or thereabouts) a few years ago and
didn't see this error.

The actual requested transfer size was in fact 32768.  Is this a useful
clue one way or the other?

Is there an adapter feature I could adjust in the BIOS which might have
any effect on this?  The only things changed from the defaults are
Fast Command Posting (turned on) and command throttle changed from 16 to
64.

Thor