Re: GCC

In article <48C6DF19.8070005%free.fr@localhost>, Vincent
<10.50%free.fr@localhost> wrote:
>Matthias wrote:
>
>Christos, if I take your position as an official board statement, this
>means the GPL3 quarantine is over, and you've decided to go ahead?

I am not in board anymore, and so this is not an official statement from
board. Unofficially:

- There is very little chance that there are going to be any gplv3 packages
  in 5.0; after all we are in a relative code freeze now.
- After 5.0 we are going to consider including gplv3 packages on a case by
  case basis. One of the goals of the new /usr/src/external/<license>/ tree
  structure was to address multiple versions of the gnu license (thus we
  have so far gpl2 there).

christos