Re: ALTqd vs PF/ALTQ

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, Brian Buhrow wrote:
You cannot use /etc/pf.conf to control altqd, but you can write an altqd.conf file to set up your altq environment.

Okay, I understand. In fact, as I mentioned, I have it working already as you describe. I'm getting the impression that we have no intention of supporting the OpenBSD-ish AltQ syntax in pf.conf. That's fine, I can live with altqd.conf. However, maybe this confusing message should be removed from "pfctl"

No ALTQ support in kernel
ALTQ related functions disabled

As you (or someone earlier) mentioned, this message will show up every time you run pfctl even if you HAVE got altq support in your kernel (altqd support that is). It might be more appropriate to say "ALTQ classes and filters should be defined in /etc/altq.conf instead".

Thanks,
  Swift
--
Swift Griggs -- <swift.griggs%coloradovnet.com@localhost>