Re: Device name length restriction?

BTW, would it be reasonable to add a chip-verification routine to the adt7467 driver? Currently the driver's match routine blindly returns "1".

The adt7463 driver has a "chip verify" routine to check the chip's
company_id and device_id registers. The 7467 has similar registers (documented in the data sheet) and hard-coded values. Since both chips (and possibly other dbCool chips) share the same i2c bus address, it seems to me to be a worthwhile thing to check.

I've actually written the code to do it, so if someone actually has a machine with an adt7467 I love to have them verify that my verify code actually works.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |