Re: iwn0 driver: status

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 06:26:44PM +0200, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:

> >This is what gets written to console after system crash:
> >
> >fatal page fault in supervisor mode
> >trap type 6 code eip c03f8856 cs 8 eflags 210282cr2 4 ilevel 6
> >panic: trap
> >syncing disks... iwn0: device timeout
> >

> >I'm on x86, NetBSD 4.99.72 compiled Tue Sep 2 22:46:32 CEST 2008

Any chance you can build a kernel with ddb support and get a
backtrace?  For what it is worth - iwn may be an innocent victim here.

> If this helps, I also changed the value of MTU to 1460 and started
> downloading a torrent. Then following message was written to console
> (about 10 times) before the system crashed with the same error message:
>
> iwn0: discarding oversize frame (len=1514)
>
> The value of len was variable from 1494 to 1514 (always bigger than the
> size of MTU and usually bigger than 1500).

Well, yes, that is expected.  If you have reduced your MTU then you
probably should clamp the MSS as well otherwise the sending end will
send back a packet that fits it's MTU.  If icmp is not being blocked
the sender should received a "this packet is too large" icmp back from
your end and reduce the MTU so seeing a couple of those messages would
not be bad - if you saw great streams of them then something is wrong.

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: