Re: error building on RHEL5

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 11:00:06AM +1000, Gregory McGarry wrote:
  | This looks like a problem after removing a redefinition of __RCSID in
  | heimdal's config.h.
  |
  | The problem is that __RCSID was defined in config.h and was pulled in
  | before sys/cdefs.h.  I removed the definition from config.h.
  |
  | I didn't expect config.h to be used in a host tool too.  I tested on OS X,
  | but not on a host which doesn't define __RCSID.
  |
  | Including sys/cdefs.h early in
  | src/crypto/dist/heimdal/lib/vers/make-print-version.c is an option.

I just commented out the use of __RCSID in that file; it's only
host tool that's not installed, and we don't really need the RCSID
complied into the binary.

As I mentioned in the commit message, arguably we shouldn't be
using <config.h> in that file either, since that is a
"generated for target" #include (in src/include/heimdal),
not "created for host" #include.

  | Maybe sys/cdefs.h should check if __RCSID is already defined?

We should just leave sys/cdefs.h alone. IMO, less surprises will
occur if a user does something weird and gets a specific compile
failure about a redefinition of the symbol.

cheers,
Luke.