Re: Stack alignment with pthreads

On Friday, at 10:44, Martin Husemann wrote:
| /* Boundary (in *bits*) on which stack pointer should be aligned.  */
| #define STACK_BOUNDARY BITS_PER_WORD

Just curious, where did you find this? I googled a bit for the ABI requirements
but did not find very useful info yet.

| (Default for ix86_preferred_stack_boundary is 128, as you would guess by now).
|
| Sounds reasonable to provide the same alignement for threads.

Ok. What I find strange at the moment is that the stack seems to be
MAP_ALIGNED(pthread__stacksize_lg) in pthread_stackalloc, with
pthread__stacksize_lg set to 18 are there do not seem to be a problem with the
address returned by mmap.

--
Anthony