Re: BNX Double Buffer Allocation

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 04:03:48PM -0500, David Dudley wrote:
> David:
>
> Patched the file after figuring out my problem (Windoze vs. Unix).
>
> The system compiled with no problem, however when I start the system
> with 2 network interfaces connected (bnx0 & bnx1), I get "WARNING:
> mclpool limit reached; increase NMBCLUSTERS", and both network
> interfaces stop.  I don't get a panic, just the network connections
> won't pass data any more.

Let's see what 'ifconfig -a' says after that happens.

Supposing that there is not an mbuf leak somewhere, you need to increase
NMBCLUSTERS in your kernel configuration and recompile.  See options(4).

(It is too bad that drivers do not ordinarily scale up the length of
their rx rings as the load demands, and share the available mbuf clusters
less greedily.)

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933 ext 24