Re: My disk has shrunk?

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:07:06PM +0200, Lars Nordlund wrote:
> Hello list
[..]

> This weekend I discovered that "extreme instability" when writing DVDRs
> has come back to haunt me (something I have been trying to debug for
> some time..). After the second hang, the wd0f partition could not be
> mounted. I quickly noticed that the partition table was zeroed.. After
> putting back the netbsd slice at the old start point I noticed that
> I could no longer make it as big as it used to...?? I had to make it
> 2113 sectors shorter..

Did you enter the BIOS and changed some 'RAID' settings?
I had the same problem after I did that. See my mail from 18 Apr 2006 to
current users.

The disk was 2113 sectors shorter after I did that.

There is some atapi command to reduce the size of the disk permanently and it
seems
that the bios reserves some sectors for the raid information at the end of the
disk.

Bernd