Re: azalia mixer issues on a vaio pcg-6n2l

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Christoph Egger wrote:

> Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:57:09 +0200
> From: Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger%gmx.de@localhost>
> To: cris%sleepy.giant.net@localhost
> Cc: current-users%netbsd.org@localhost
> Subject: Re: azalia mixer issues on a vaio pcg-6n2l
>
> cris%sleepy.giant.net@localhost wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I've a Vaio PCQ-6N2L and am running 4.99.72, from the August 22nd snapshot
>> on an x86_64 platform.  I wasn't sure if I should toss this over to
that
>> group, or here, though half the posts on this audio device seem to be
in
>> the i386 group.
>>
>> Basically, from what I can tell mixerctl needs a slight nudge to attach
>> correctly to it, and I can't find the documentation to do so.  I was
>> wondering if anyone else had any better luck with something simmilar or
>> had any clue what I could set to get any sound out of it.
>
> [...]
>
>> azalia0: codec[0]: 0x8384/0x7661 (rev. 66.1), HDA rev. 1.0
>> azalia0: codec[1]: 0x14f1/0x2bfa (rev. 0.0), HDA rev. 0.9
>> azalia0: codec[1]: No support for modem function groups
>> azalia0: codec[1] has no audio function groups
>> audio0 at azalia0: full duplex, independent
>
> Looks like support for the codecs is missing or you would see clear text
> instead of magic numbers here, otherwise.
>
> Christoph

You think so?  From what I was seeing from previous threads, a
Thinkpad T60, an Acer and... one other, was that it didn't always mean
that.  I could be wrong, but my output looks very simmilar to both of
those posts, and they just had to mess with the mixer's defaults a bit.

-

  Actually, I think I had an earlier dmesg that had quite a lot more
insofar as the codecs and supported audio rates went.  I'll see if I can
slide back a few days worth of kernels and post that one up shortly.

-B