(Eee PC and) SolidState Disk and filesystems options

Hello,

I'm on my way to reinstall 4.99.72/i386 on my Eee PC 900 so I can try
FFSv2+log. I read a few things about FS and SSD and wanted feedback from
here...

1. One says "no swap partition on SSD". No problem for me, because I have
2Go of RAM and probably will never need swap. But can I still zzz(8)
without a swap partition ? If not, can I zzz(8) with a swap file not on
the SSD (on a SDHC for example) ?

2. One says "Never choose to use a journaling file system on the SSD
partitions". Is FFSv2+log a bad idea with a SSD ? I don't see how
journalising can generate more writes than a non-journalising FS ? Seems
to me that journalising is even smarter regarding writes.

3. One says "Edit your new installation fstab to mount the SSD partitions
'noatime'". For ages, my laptops used "softdep,noatime,nodevmtime" for
every partitions (using mecanical disks). So should I use softdep or not
on the SSD ?

What the best FS options to have my SSD last until I'm 80 ? :)
- No LOG, No SOFTDEP, ATIME (+ NODEVMTIME)
- SOFTDEP + NOATIME (+ NODEVMTIME)
- LOG (+ NOATIME + NODEVMTIME)

TIA,
   Jo