Re: NetBSD vs. Acer Aspire One (feat. dmesg)

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:19:23 -0500 (CDT)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:

> I didn't see in your dmesg, but do you have a SD card reader? (I saw it
> listed as included with this subnotebook.) I have been testing a sdmmc
> driver on different laptop.

It does have a multifunction sd/mmc/xd card reader, but as you say it
doesn't appear in the dmesg. I have no idea how it's wired to the
system.

> > ugen0: Sonix Technology Co., Ltd. USB 2.0 Camera, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2
>
> And does that camera work for you?

Not sure what software is needed? I've never owned a webcam :-)

> I read that with its Linux, it boots in 13 seconds. And the battery life
> without using wifi is 2.5 hours.

I read that write performance on the SSD was bad, so I opted for the
hdd based model. Battery life is rather poor, but then again it's a
3-cell battery and a 6-cell upgrade has been rumored for some time.
The main reason I got this One instead of an eee is the slightly larger
keyboard.

-Tobias