Re: definition of _GLIBCXX_HAVE_SWPRINTF

I've looked into this a bit further.

Matthias Drochner writes:

 > brook%biology.nmsu.edu@localhost said:
 > > Note that c++config.h defines both _GLIBCXX_HAVE_WCHAR_H
 > > and_GLIBCXX_USE_WCHAR_T to 1 but does not define _GLIBCXX_HAVE_SWPRINTF
 >
 > This looks like a local change which got half lost.
 > Look at PR lib/29832.
 > The change to dist/gcc/libstdc++-v3/include/c_std/std_cwchar.h
 > was applied. According to the commit log the corresponding
 > change to acinclude.m4 was committed as well, but in the repository
 > it is still at rev 1.1.
 >
 > The whole thing can likely be reverted completely.

It looks like the work associated with PR lib/29832 was carried out in
Mar/Apr 2005.  Then in May 2005, a bunch of files (e.g.,
lib/libc/stdio/swprintf.c) were added to provide missing wide
character support.  I'm not certain, but would guess that the presence
of that support would make the earlier PR unnecessary.  Thus, it seems
that at least some of this should be reverted.

Is this the correct analysis?

If so, what should be done to fix this?  Is anyone willing to help?

Cheers,
Brook