Re: WAPBL

        hello.  My understanding is that Greg has done some of this work
already.  He helped me solve a problem which was  causing large disks to
fail to reconstruct after a disk failure.  The failure was due to an
over-use of kernel memory to keep track of all the parity regions.  So,
while I don't know much about this topic, I'm hopeful that we're somewhat
along the path to this happy day.  Reducing the time it takes to clean
parity on a raid set  would be a  beautiful thing.
-Brian