System freeze on X server startup

        Hello,

if I start the X.org X11 server on my NetBSD/amd64 machine running a
4.99.70 kernel built from yesterday's source I get a working X session.

But if I quit the X session and try to start X again the machine locks
up hard. I cannot even break into the kernel debugger sending a
break on the serial console. The machine is an HP Proliant ML110 G4
with an extra nVidia GeForce 7300 LE PCIe graphics card.

Has anybody else seen this?

        Kind regards