Re: How to crash a 4.99.69 with nothing but an USB stick...

Martin S. Weber wrote:
On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 03:08:54PM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
(...)
"Me too". Not right away, but eventually it happens. I'm not sure that it's msdosfs specific, and every time I've triggered it I seem to be using X at the time so I have yet to catch the panic message.

Uh yes, I forgot. Freeze might be panic in X. I was running X at the time, too.

Just after I wrote my last email I had another one, laptop had been up for >2 days, plugged in my Blackberry to charge it, and it froze or panic'd again. Didn't even have to mount it.

Output from a normal attachment of it:

uberry0 at uhub1 port 1
uberry0: Research In Motion RIM Mass Storage Device, rev 1.10/1.06, addr 2
uberry0: at uhub1 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
uberry0: detached
umass0 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1
umass0: Research In Motion RIM Composite Device, rev 1.10/1.06, addr 2
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <RIM, BlackBerry SD, 0001> disk removable
sd0: drive offline

Cheers,
Jared