Re: How to crash a 4.99.69 with nothing but an USB stick...

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:02:33PM +0300, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
> Martin S. Weber wrote:
> > I don't have the time to play with other USB media and other filesystems
> > at the moment as well as with more modern -current's. Have fun!
>
> As I reported in PR 38762, I can reliably crash 4.99.62 by mounting a
> FFS filesystem over USB.  I have reproduced it on four different
> machines, using both flash and rotating media, and using both ehci and
> uhci controllers.

The difference to what I am seeing is that the system does not panic
but instead simply freezes. No reaction on anything.

I might add that USB is giving me headaches on NetBSD for more than two
years now. Nice that we had the first USB stack. Would be nice if we
finally had a working one, too :-)

-Martin