Re: failed build package

Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen%roguewrt.org@localhost> writes:

>> I launch make install to build the packages metacity
>> obtains
>>
>> $ make install [....]
>> Building with Xcursor
>> checking for METACITY... configure: error: Package
>> requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.10.0 pango >= 1.2.0
>> gconf-2.0 >= 1.2.0 libstartup-notification-1.0 >= 0.7
>> xcomposite >= 0.2 xfixes xrender xdamage xcursor) were
>> not met:
>>
>> No package 'xdamage' found
>
> xdamage is part of xorg libs, or the base x11 I'd assume.
>
> I don't generally use xorg of late on netbsd but I think if you don't
> want the in-tree x11, you need to set X11_TYPE=modular in /etc/mk.conf
> and install from pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/modular-xorg-*
>
> As a single dependency I'd imagine setting mk.conf and make
> clean/install should pick it up but I can't be sure. Otherwise, the
> missing package is in pkgsrc/x11/libXdamage.

modular xorg has packages that conflict with xorg-derived supplementary
packages for in-tree X.  So otpions are:

  pkg_chk to save needed packages, trim  to what you want
  delete all package (empty out /usr/pkg, /var/db/pkg to be sure)
  set X11_TYPE=modular
  build packages you want

or

  set X11_TYPE=modular

  mark packages built with x11-links as 'rebuild' with pkg_admin (see
  pkg_rolling-replace man page examples section for the commands to do
  this)

  start 'pkg_rolling-replace -uv'

  when it fails with a conflict in libXfoo vs Xfoo or some such, use
  'make replace OLDNAME=oldpkg'.  Note that this will put your packages
  in an inconsistent state because the shlib major versions change.

  restart pkg_rolling-replace -uv each time

The second is harder, but leaves you with more functionality in the
intermediate time.  I've done it on several systems (netbsd 4 and
current, i386).