Testers needed - sdtemp on-DIMM memory temperature sensor driver

If anyone out there has a system with DDR3 memory, you almost certainly have a temperature sensor on the DIMM, probably integrated with the SPD EEPROM. (Some DDR2 FB-DIMMs and SO-DIMMs might also have this sensor.)

I've written a driver to integrate this sensor with NetBSD's envstat(8)
system, and would like to have some folks test it out. If you're up for the experiment, you can download a GENERIC kernel with the new driver from

        ftp://ftp.whooppee.com/public/netbsd-GENERIC-I2C-amd64
   or   ftp://ftp.whooppee.com/public/netbsd-GENERIC-I2C-i386

Just boot the kernel, and see if the sensor shows up in the output from envstat. If you're really brave, you can check to see if the sysctl variables used to set the Alarm Window and Critical Limit registers are available and working:

        sysctl hw.sdtemp0
        sysctl -w hw.sdtemp0.limits.crit_limit=60

Once I get some test results back, I'll be contributing this to TNF, but if you want sources in the interim, I'll make them available.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |