Running mprime on dual-core machines

Hi!

I recently imported math/mprime-bin, because IMHO it is a useful
stability tester, since it stresses CPU+RAM together. In my
experience, on a stable machine you can run it forever, but on an
unstable one it dies within a few hours.

On a new -current dual-core machine I'm building, I ran two instances
of it (because of the two cores). Usually one of the two dies within
an hour (the other keeps running). A single one runs for more than a
day without problems.

I would like to know if this is a problem in the hardware, kernel
multithreading or linux emulation.

Could someone else with a spare stable dual-core machine on
-current/amd64 (needs COMPAT_LINUX32) please run NUMBER_OF_CORES
instances of mprime and report if it works for them?
 Thomas