Re: Password trouble?

Hi all,

On Jun 10, 2008, at 1:35 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 01:41:23PM -0400, Peter H. Fr?hlich wrote:
and everything seemed great, but after the final reboot I can't get back into my box remotely, all passwords seem to be gone for some reason. :-/

If you mean using ssh, PermitRootLogin defaults to No.
Either set it to Yes to enable root login with plain text passwords or
"without-password" to enable login using public keys only.

It's not just root, my regular user account is "gone" too (and I tried to be very careful with etcupdate :-/). I'll just boot -s when I get to the console, but I'd like to find out what went wrong so I don't repeat the mistake when I do another remote build/install.

Cheers,
Peter
--
Peter H. Froehlich <><><><><><> http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~phf/