Re: Postfix LDAP schema

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 11:20:12AM -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> I'm seeking some standards for postfix and ldap.  Postfix doesn't provide
> a schema and, instead, provides a free mapping mechanism.  So far I've
> found mention of people using the sendmail schema, the courier schema,
> and this: http://ldapadmin.sourceforge.net/docs/postfix.schema .
>
> If you're already using ldap for postfix (aliases, etc), please give me
> some direction.

At work (an ISP), we're using Postfix with the qmail schema, see:
http://www.qmail-ldap.org/
Our POP3 backend is Qmail though which implements some of the more advanced
features of the schema (auto-replies etc).

Another popular LDAP schema for Postfix is the one from the Jamm project:
http://jamm.sourceforge.net/

But as you mentioned, most any LDAP schema will work with Postfix.

        Geert