Re: ipf/ipnat behavior

Paul Goyette wrote:
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Darren Reed wrote:

Are there any signs that ipfilter is blocking things?
Like does "ipfstat" show increasing numbers for blocked things?
or NAT failures or...?

ipfstat does not show any blocked packets, which you would think exonerates ipfilter. (I posted the ipfstat output earlier when I was confused about the 'nomatch' entries.)

However, if I boot with ipfilter disabled, or if I manually disable ipfilter before attempting to access the nfs volume, it works fine. Problem occurs only when ipfilter is enabled.

What about if you disable ipnat and create /etc/ipf.conf with these two lines:
pass out all
pass in all

Darren