Re: stf(4) / 6to4 encapsulation behind (!) ipnat router / firewall

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 09:27:52AM +0200, Markus W Kilbinger wrote:
> Is it possible to run a stf(4) interface behind a firewall (different
> machines)?

I don't think so. Somebody proposed patches a while ago (on "tech-net"
if I remember correctly) but they didn't get integrated.

> Till now I'm running stf(4) / pkgsrc/net/hf6to4 on the same machine
> which is handling the internet connection (pppoe) itself.

You could just get a tunnel from "www.sixxs.net". They provide normal
(non 6to4) IPv6 addresses and an utility called AICCU which is
supposed to be able to establish a tunnel through a NAT router.

        Kind regards