Re: hpqlb(4) footnote

2008/5/18 Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger%gmx.de@localhost>:
> Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> a small footnote-like comment about a success with the recent hpqlb(4).
>> Since
>> on HP Compaq NC4400 the driver is registered correctly,
>>
>> hpqlb0 at acpi0 (C221, HPQ0006): HP Quick Launch Buttons
>> hpqlb0: registering on wskbd0
>> hpqlb0 at acpi0 (C221, HPQ0006): HP Quick Launch Buttons
>> hpqlb0: registering on wskbd0

On HP NX6310:

# dmesg | grep hpqlb
hpqlb0 at acpi0 (C21B, HPQ0006): HP Quick Launch Buttons
hpqlb0: registering on wskbd0

> huh? It attaches twice?
>
>> and at least the sleep-button generates events,
>>
>> hpqlb0: sleep button pressed,

On mine I get straight:

acpi0: entering state 3

(which does not complete as I get

Devices without power management support: bthub0
acpi0: aborting suspend
).

Fair enough - I'll reboot next time without bthub to see if it will
work further.

> nice. Anything else too?
>
>> perhaps the word "Pavilion" could be omitted from the man-page.
>
> Done.
>
>> On this laptop, the brightness up/down -keys have always worked
>> out-of-the-box with
>> the generic ACPI.

Same here. Other nice touches - Fn+Insert(print screen) invokes Gnome
print screen (I use Gnome most of the time). I tested all the blue
labeled keys with xev - everything seems to work as expected - even
the blue numeric keypad - as long as you first enter NumLock with
Fn+End.

> Lucky boy. :)

Me also...

> Christoph

/dev/random says:
        I always lie. In fact, I'm lying to you right now!
Chavdar Ivanov | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014