Re: panic: amap_wipeout: corrupt amap

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 04:37:42PM +0200, Frank Kardel wrote:

> with todays (20080501-current) kernel I see those. Has anyone else
> seen these panics ?

The amap code is a heavy user of kmem_alloc/kmem_free. Generally this panic
indicates that dodgy code elsewhere in the kernel is using memory after
freeing, or freeing something that it should not (eg an automatic variable
from the kernel stack).

You could try running with a DEBUG+DIAGNOSTIC kernel, and also patch
pool_cache_disable to 1 from the debugger.

We could do with with a better way to diagnose these problems though since
they are tough to find. :(

Andrew