initializing USB keyboard with KVM switch?

I just installed a USB KVM switch.  When I switch back to NetBSD,
however, the keyboard seems to be in a random state, or perhaps random
somethings get sent.  Numlock may be on, last time insert was off,
etc.  Is there anything I can do about this?  I haven't noticed any
problem on the other machine (a Mac Mini running Leopard), but I've
used it a lot less, so I can't be sure.  I've attached the dmesg from
when I switch away from NetBSD ('detach') and when I switch back
('attach', naturally enough).