Re: behavior of passwordless logins has changed

On Mar 23, 2008, at 19:04, Tobias Nygren wrote:
I have the default pam configuration, and am not using kerberos.
FWIW, I commented out this line in /etc/pam.d/system and now it works:

#auth sufficient pam_krb5.so no_warn try_first_pass

Maybe something is wrong in my userland, I'll try to clean objdir
and rebuild ...

Maybe if that was "use_first_pass" instead, it would keep it from prompting....

There's no way for Kerberos (Heimdal or otherwise) to *know* if you have a password, so it has to prompt before trying. I suppose that the pam_krb5.so module could never bother to try to prompt if kerberos isn't configured at all on the machine, though...

                    - Chris