Re: problem w/ libm on vax

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 02:34:17PM +0100, Matthias Drochner wrote:
> ks%ub.uni-mainz.de@localhost said:
> > > __weak_alias(hypotf, _hypotf)
> > this made things kind of worse
>
> What happened?
Main problem AFAICS was that the complex functions use
"basic" (floating) functions not defined for vax. I can
have a closer look over the (long ;-) weekend and provide
a list of functions used but not defined even when playing
w/ namespace.h and __weak_alias()...

> > what helps is taking out
> > the functions in ../complex with the patch below
>
> But then the <complex.h> shouldn't be installed either,
> so we'd have a machine dependency there, and we'd also
> need to put the manpages into md set lists. I'd like
> to avoid these complications if possible.
Yes, but looks like to get there someone with the right
knowledge to write the lacking functions is needed...

Kurt