Inviting students to NetBSD and Google's Summer of Code (fwd)

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 00:32:48 +0100 (CET)
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubertf%NetBSD.org@localhost>
To: netbsd-announce%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: Inviting students to NetBSD and Google's Summer of Code

 * Inviting students to NetBSD and Google's Summer of Code

Google is doing another round of their Summer of Code project, where the idea is to attract students to write code for Open Source projects during the summer, instead of having them flip burgers. For the fourth time, the NetBSD project has been selected as mentoring organization in the Summer of Code project!

Prospective students that are interested in pursuing projects for NetBSD are welcome to start thinking about what projects they'd like to do, and discuss things on our public mailing lists. We have lists of suggest GSoC projects and (harder!) general projects which can serve as inspiration:

        http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/soc-projects.html
        http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/projects.html

Also, please see our NetBSD Project Application/Proposal HowTo for information that we'd like to see answered in the eventual project proposals sent to Google:

        http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/soc-application.html

This information helps us to rank the project proposals we'll get, and to put your project on the best spot! If you have any questions, please contact NetBSD's team of Summer of Code administrators at communication-exec%NetBSD.org.@localhost

 - Hubert Feyrer
   The NetBSD Project