Re: panic unplugging usb keyboard

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 04:50:51PM +0100, Juan RP wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I just got this panic while I unplugged the usb keyboard that is
> used for the console:
>
> panic: config_detach: forced detach of wskbd0 failed (16)
>
> couldn't look at the backtrace, but it's repeatable.

Looks like I introduced this bug very recently.  I will back out the
change.

AFAICT, detaching the console can leave dangling pointers in the kernel,
which will eventually lead to a panic.  At least, that is what has
happened when I detached console at com0.  I will look more closely at
wskbd0 to see if it knows how to avoid this.

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933 ext 24