Re: Dell PERC 6/i

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Juan RP wrote:

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:09:40 -0500
"Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp%spiritual-machines.org@localhost> wrote:

And then there's the lack of MegaCli, except on FreeBSD w/
compat_linux32 and /sys file system. ~BAS

In that case the driver should be extended to support some management
through bioctl(8), like I did with arcmsr(4).

Anyway, mfi(4) already has support to show state about its volumes...
but if I'm not wrong, it's not possible to create hot-spares
or volumes.

Which I may end up paying someone to do, as NetBSD appears to be the best Xen Dom0 option, with iSCSI initiator support etc., but genuine RAID management is a weak spot.

~BAS