Re: Yet another SMB oddity (cpu1: failed to become ready)

Andrew Doran a écrit :
cpu1 at mainbus0 apid 1: (application processor)
cpu1: failed to become ready

How long does it wait between these two messages?

Maybe a second or a second and a half. An eternity, @ 2 GHz ! :)

But I have more to tell. This happens with SCHED_M2. I have no cpu1 whether I choose MPBIOS or not, but I can't lauch X. X won't start and instead the kernel crashes (probably a PCI tweak). At boot, I also have this message, which may or may not be related to this:

agp0 at pchb0: can't find internal VGA device config space

If I revert to SCHED_4BSD, I find the initial behavior back: with options MULTIPROCESSOR set, the kernel crashes in the first userland actions (usually just after it displays the time).

So, at that time, the only config that works really fine is SCHED_M4 without MULTIPROCESSOR.

Vincent