Re: Are you working on your Summer of Code application already?

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 03:19:21PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> We have tried to make a large scale of easy as well as pretty complex project
> suggestions, and we seriously do want applications for the easier ones - so
> don't be shy if you think you will not be up to the rocket science projects,
> this is a program for people starting in the open source world!

Let me stress this point a bit more. The general projecst list has a lot
of items that are *very* difficult. The SoC project list also has a high
variety of complexity. If you are a student interested in sending a
proposal, you will have various kinds of experiences already. If you are
unsure if you are skilled enough for an item, talk to the contacts.

The range of complexity is also a result of having to deal with
different students. We didn't want to list a lot of easy projects that
we are not really interested in, just to keep someone busy. We have
listed some more involved tasks, because we also believe that a
difficult task can be very thrilling.

Joerg