Re: auich fifo underrun

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 01:24:59AM +0900, Kouichirou Hiratsuka wrote:
> I sent a PR about this (kern/37757).
>
>   http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=37757
>
> I don't know how to fix the problem.  However, rev. 1.119 of auich.c
> works fine for me.

It seems that we have the same problem - I don't have the problem in PR 37538.

One similarity between our configurations is that we both have
auich and uhci with keyboard on the same interrupt. For you everything
and more is on irq 11. For me only auich and uhci3 are on irq10,
and uhci3 is the particular uhci which has the keyboard and mouse
plugged in. It sort of makes sense then that I get the auich fifo
underrun when logging in via xdm - I have to move the mouse to
click the login box => lots of interrupts.

I just updated my source to get

sys/usb/uhci.c
revision 1.214
date: 2008/02/13 00:52:44;  author: smb;  state: Exp;  lines: +6 -3
Patch from Jared McNeill to prevent USB interrupt storms on resume on
Thinkpad T61.  (Note: to prevent a very similar-seeming problem, T61
users should also install firmware 2.06 or later, according to thinkwiki.)

and so far all is well.

Cheers,

Patrick