heimdal (was Re: the state of ldap on netbsd)

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 10:57:15PM -0500, matthew sporleder wrote:
> I was wondering why netbsd doesn't come with a native pam/nss-ldap.
> (licensing?  no one has made the effort?  NIH?)
>
> I was also wondering if the netbsd-shipped versions of heimdal and

The Heimdal 0.6.3 in base is _ancient_, and has some bugs that
prevent it from working as a gssapi/krb5 library for some
more-modern applications.  Of course, the one in pkgsrc isn't
a lot newer, but there is a pr open about that.  I'd really
like to see Heimdal 1.1 in pkgsrc, and maybe in the base
system for 5.0.

        Jonathan Kollasch