Re: the state of ldap on netbsd

matthew sporleder wrote:
I was wondering why netbsd doesn't come with a native pam/nss-ldap.
(licensing?  no one has made the effort?  NIH?)

I guess the version in pkgsrc has been sufficent ... though from memory it was a little cumbersome to setup and test.

I was also wondering if the netbsd-shipped versions of heimdal and
postfix include support for ldap if I were to install openldap
afterwards.  (a quick search of krb.conf(5) doesn't show anything and
ldap_table(5) doesn't exist on man.netbsd.org)

Postfix from pkgsrc is required for ldap .... as it's a compile-time option that's not configured for the native postfix.

Heimdal I'm not sure about but I'd say the same limitation has been imposed.

Aside from the convenience of having the option to configure for ldap after install, it is handy atm having all custom configuration information under /usr/pkg ... it makes backing up/restoring/reviewing custom configs a breeze, though I can see the benefit in having only one version of postfix installed :)

Sarton