Re: Error in /etc/rc.d/staticroute

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

I have never used this. I grepped my man pages and found the route.conf(5)
manual. It shows the example:

net 192.168.2.0 -netmask 255.255.255.0 192.168.150.2

(Note no leading dash which means to remove.)

So the dash prefix is needed as in the modifier "-net".

The syntax is confusing.

Yep.  But the man page does help make it clearer.

It seems like /etc/rc.local and /etc/rc.shutdown could be used instead for
the commands to run. And then complete route(8) commands listed in
route.conf (even with leading minus - sign).

Or is the order critical that /etc/rc.local would not be good enough?

Note if your patch is used, the man page needs to be changed too.

Given that noone else seems to mind the current behavior, I'll adapt and add the 'net' keyword to my /etc/route.conf

 Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. I just update the script with a comment that points to the man page.

!DSPAM:47a1e7901743365365030!

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |