Strange hang on 4.99.49

I'm running a kernel + userland from sources as of just a few hours ago.

I started up a build.sh with -j 4 and all of a sudden, after an hour or more of running, the system just went completely idle even though the build is nowhere near complete.

Looking around, I found three cc1 processes (only 3, not 4). One of them was in a 'vnode' state while the other two are in 'vnlock'. Both my /usr/src and /usr/obj are null-mounts

        /dev/wd0a on / type ffs (NFS exported, local)
        /dev/wd0e on /var type ffs (local)
        /dev/wd0g on /home type ffs (NFS exported, local)
        /dev/wd0h on /build type ffs (soft dependencies, NFS exported, local)
        /dev/wd1a on /amanda type ffs (local)
        /build/src on /usr/src type null (local)
        /build/obj on /usr/obj type null (local)
        /build/xsrc on /usr/xsrc type null (local)
        /build/pkgsrc on /usr/pkgsrc type null (local)
        kernfs on /kern type kernfs (local)
        ptyfs on /dev/pts type ptyfs (local)
        tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (local)

Is there some sort of locking race condition that I've managed to hit? If so, is there a way to avoid it?

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |