Re: Complete freeze at anytime... What to check?.. how to..?

Hi Cem and others,

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 06:41:46 -0800 (PST)
Cem Kayali <cemkayali%eticaret.com.tr@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use NetBSD current 4.99.49 on i386 notebook. I was using 4.99.1X, 4.99.24,
> 4.99.32, 4.99.34 before.
>
> Starting from 4.99.3X series, whole system (all services) freezes at 'any
> time', sometimes while compiling new software, sometimes while sending
> email, sometimes while surfing internet. There is no co-relation, no clues.
> Because sshd also stops to work, there is no way to shutdown it, except
> powering off.
>
> There is no *.core dump file too.
>
> If somebody has advise, i would appreciate. It is really annoying to see
> "incorrect * count" during fsck and hoping there is no data loss.

I seem to have the same problem on my computer at home. I now run
"cpuctl offline 1" right after boot and it didn't crash since I do
this. (I can't share my dmesg right now).

dieter