Re: wpi(4) driver in -current

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Alexander V. Butenko wrote:
> Guys, maybe anybody using wpi with netbsd?
> I have problem with WPA and WEP networks.
> Laptop can connect to WPA networks but connection is very unstable. All
> the time it disconnects from network during 1-5-20 minutes of work.
>
> According to a WEP networks it cant connect to them at all.

I connect to both WEP and WPA-PSK networks using a wpi card (built in to
an HP laptop) with wpa_supplicant.

It sometimes disconnects (perhaps a few times a day), and "ifconfig wpi0
down up" fixes it.

> Another problem that network scanner is not working as well. All it cant
> find any networks even if im standing right near accesspoint.

"wiconfig wpi0 -D" sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work for me
(one common error is "wiconfig: ioctl: Operation now in progress").
Nevertheless, wpa_supplicant is always able to associate with networks
that are configured in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.

--apb (Alan Barrett)