Re: Still having build problems with CURRENT

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 03:14:34PM +0000, Kimi wrote:

> I used to have the source code which was obtained by using csup and
> put under the right place of /usr/src on my local discs & same goes
> for /usr/obj. now I noticed there had been some changes in regards to
> a read-only /usr/src which is great, so I have been nfs mounting both
> /usr/src and /usr/obj, created a mk.conf  and placing both MAKEOBJDIR
> = /usr/obj and MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX = /usr/obj in there.

MAKEOBJDIR and MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX have to be in the environment when
make is started - since they are acted on before any makefiles are read.

You really need to use build.sh, eg:

I use a shell script to run build.sh that ends up doing:

exec ./build.sh -x -X ../xsrc -N $N ${j:+-j $j} -T $tools -u -U -D $destdir -O
$objdir -R $releasedir "$@"

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost