Re: gdb and trap frames [was Re: reproducible crash when building sysutils/net-snmp]

On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 12:39:09PM +0000, Nick Hudson wrote:
> On Saturday 12 January 2008 01:45:51 Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
> > David Laight wrote:
> > > It is possible that my recent changes to the amd64 trap frame have
> > > stopped gdb being able to traverse them.
> >
> > Could this amd64 trap frame traversal breakage be related to the i386
> > interrupt frame traversal breakage reported in PR 34852?
>
> Things keep changing and gdb is not taught the changes. It's not hard to fix
> if you know where to look and what to look for, but I guess no-one has had
> the time.

Well, knowing you have to look would be good!
There seems to be a lot of separate definitions of these structures
that are not cross referenced (even by comments), and don't even have a
single file whose compilation fails when they don't match.
(I've cross commented some of them now, and most of the ones (except
in gdb) for amd64 are now defined from data in one .h file.)

> I can point anyone who wants to look at this in the right direction.
>
> Nick

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost