Re: New laptop, new Atheros WiFi...

On Monday 07 January 2008 9:08:57 am Havard Eidnes wrote:
> Atheros Communications product 0x0024 (miscellaneous network,
>   revision 0x01) at pci3 dev 0 function 0 not configured
>
> Does anyone have any hunches what it would take to get it
> supported, e.g. what's the state of support of other free OSes
> for this hardware?

I have a laptop with the same hardware and I've been using it for a
few months with a patch that has not been committed.   I updated to
a current recently and there were a lot of conflicts that were generated.
I compiled a fresh kernel with no changes and it is still not supported.

I'm going to see if I can get it working again with -current.

--Phil
--
Phil Nelson (phil at cs.wwu.edu) http://www.cs.wwu.edu/nelson
NetBSD: http://www.NetBSD.org  Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu