Re: [joel%carnat.net@localhost: could not load wpi firmware]

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 00:12:29 +0100
Joel CARNAT <joel%carnat.net@localhost> wrote:

> > > Well...
> > > I didn't touch the physical switch between the netbsd-4 boot
> > > (which worked and from which I'm sending this mail) and the
> > > -current boot (which fails). I still double checked and yes, the
> > > switch is set to "ON".
> > >
> > Hmm....  Does 'ifconfig wpi0' show RUNNING or not?  If not, turn the
> > switch off and on.  I've found that my some USB-connected wireless
> > devices don't always reappear when the switch is turned back on.
> >

> no it didn't show RUNNING.
> so I switched off/on a couple of times and it now seem to load the
> firmware correctly (4.99.48/i386). I still don't get why I had to do
> that with -current and not with -netbsd-4 :-)

I don't know why it worked...  One possibility is that you moved the
switch to 'on' when the machine was suspended -- there are a number of
things where the kernel seems to notice the state change, rather than
picking up on a new state after resume.  (Plugging in the AC adapter is
one example, as best I can tell.)