Re: wm(4) issues with 4.99.48

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 02:55:52PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 02:54:04PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > Hi,
> > on a Xen system I'm now seeing these messages:
> > wm0: could not acquire EEPROM GNT
> >
> > in console. This is with a recent 4.99.48 kernel; I didn't see these
> > with the previous (4.99.42) kernel. Anyone else see this ? Any idea ?

This is the same device where Steve Bellovin reported problems after I
changed the interrupt mitigation timer settings to conform to Intel's
application note.  You could try reverting that change, but if that
does in fact fix your problem, we really need to figure out why.

I do not have a suitable device to test this on -- can we work together
to try to get to the bottom of the problem?

Thor