Re: mpt(4) compatible with 53C1020?

On May 25, 10:51am, Dave Huang wrote:
} Manuel Bouyer wrote:
} > On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 02:49:49AM -0600, khym%azeotrope.org@localhost
wrote:
} >> The mpt(4) driver manpage says it supports the LSI Logic Fusion-MPT
} >> family of SCSI and Fibre Channel controllers, but it only explictly
} >> lists the 53c1030 SCSI controller. Does anyone know if it supports
} >> the 53C1020/53C1020A, as used in the LSI20320-R and LSIU320
} >> single-channel HBAs? Both are based on the Fusion-MPT architecture.
} >
} > If it does not support it it shouldn't be hard to add: it may even just
} > be a matter of adding the right PCI ID to the driver's table.
}
} Well, it's been over a year, but I finally got around to buying an
} LSI20320-R, and the mpt(4) driver supports it fine (no need to add the
} PCI ID).
}
} However, NetBSD shows it as "LSI Logic 53c1030 Ultra320 SCSI", even

     What version of NetBSD are you running?  I'm looking at the sources
for -current and not seeing where this message is being printed.

} case... What *would* be useful is to explicitly mention 53C1020 support
} in the mpt(4) manpage:

     Done.

}-- End of excerpt from Dave Huang