Re: help with bluetooth

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008, Dieter Baron wrote:

> could someone please provide me with a step-by-step instruction how to
> communicate with a Nokia 6233 via bluetooth?  I'm trying to sync the
> contacts list, and send a note from/to the phone.
>
>   All I get to work is a btconfig ubt0 inquiry:

its a good start, means that the device is responding to commands.

>   I've followed the instructions in the Guide
> (http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-bluetooth.html), but every
> other command listed there just hangs indefinitely.

definitely awry

>   I'm running NetBSD/i386 -current (as of about a week ago) on an IBM
> Thinkpad T42p.

is it a long time user first time problem or is it the first time you
tried this?

is the bluetooth internal? if usb what kind of usb does it have? There
have been problems in the past with ehci buses. can you show the dmesg?

when you say 'hangs' do you mean locks up or can you ^C out of it?

The package sysutils/hcidump is useful to debug, if you can show the
output of hcidump (as root) while you run such commands (and say which
commands you are trying) that would be good. It sounds like the baseband
connection is not being made for some reason, so 'sdpquery -a tim browse'
should be sufficient to show a failure there.

iain